Despite the recent warmer weather, the holiday season is already upon us. This year, as you plan your list for gift giving remember all the perfect finds that are right around the corner from you. Small businesses need our support now more than ever as they navigate, redirect and pivot from the effects of the pandemic still being felt.
Finding ways to support small businesses has always been important. Local shops, eateries, galleries and offices make up the fabric of our communities and by spending dollars locally, you are fostering a thriving economy and community. Even sharing a businesses’ social media content, upcoming specials, positive experiences are a great and completely free way of supporting local businesses.
Shop Local Gift Ideas
- Purchasing gift cards/certificates are a great way to help increase cash flow for small businesses and service providers. Massages, grocery gift cards, art classes, tickets for an upcoming performance are all great gift giving ides.
- Local businesses often carry their own merchandise for sale such as t-shirts, caps, sweatshirts, etc. What better way to share with loved ones a few of your favorite local places.
- Plan your holiday party or upcoming event at a local restaurant, art gallery, or other unique event venue. Make sure to use the services of local caterers, bakeries, floral designers, etc.
- Purchase and give a package of home services from a local yoga instructor, art teacher, or music instructor.
- Gift the gift of a home delivery subscription of the PRT for a year to a neighbor!