Patagonia Library Phased Reopening Planned
Phase 1: Curbside Pickup
• Staff will be required to wear masks at all times while in the building. Gloves will be provided for handling books.
• Patrons will place holds on items and staff will have their items ready for pickup. Staff will checkout materials onto patron’s account. Patrons will call when they are outside or schedule a time to pick items up and staff will meet them at their car. Or staff will place items in a bag with the patron’s name on it and patron will pick it up on the bench outside the front door. Patrons will pick up these items themselves, so that contact/exposure is reduced.
• Only items held by PPL will be available for holds. Interlibrary loan services will not resume at this time.
• Staff will not accept returns directly; patrons will exclusively use the book drop to avoid person-to-person contact.
• Returns will be placed in Cady Hall, and will be quarantined for up to 72 hours before being checked-in and re-shelved. (The Library is continuing to promote health and safety within its facilities by increasing its practices of cleaning and sanitizing frequently touched surfaces. Please note that the Library is unable to comprehensively sanitize every single item that is checked out, and as such, customers are advised to wash their hands after handling materials and avoid touching their faces. We are setting items aside for three days since this is how long experts have said the virus may live on surfaces.)
• Programming will remain virtual.
• Seeds will continue to be mailed to patrons.
• Summer reading packets will be available for curbside pickup.
• Limited hours: Pickup available 10 a.m – 12 p.m., Monday – Saturday. This is subject to change as needed.
• Volunteers will not be utilized in Phase 1.
•Phase 1 will last until it is deemed safe to move on to Phase 2.
Editor’s note: Phases 2 through 4 of the library reopening can be viewed on our website: www.patagoniaregionaltimes.org.
Sonoita Library Reopened
The Sonoita Library has reopened with social distancing measures in place. Face masks are required. Please call to see when the library is open as they sort out staffing the library. They are cleaning every day, including all the books as they come in and out. For computer use: Only two people at a time, for 15 minutes and disinfecting the computer between uses.
The Sonoita Library is participating in a survey on how the county can repurpose the building housing the library. Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2PBSL9Z