How the abandoned Southern Pacific Railroad depot became Patagonia’s Town Hall.
A large crowd fills Thurber Hall in this old photo. Note the second-floor gallery, which has since been closed off and is no longer visible. Harold Thurber, a prominent rancher near Sonoita, started fundraising in 1953 for a hall to be added to the Patagonia Community Church “for the use of all children of the community […]
This fall Thurber Hall at the United Methodist Community Church will celebrate 60 years. The Hall was an ambitious endeavor of a church member, Harold Thurber. Thurber believed that Patagonia was going to grow from its 100 families in 1950 and there was a need for a building large enough that could be used by […]