The Patagonia Regional Times is seeking volunteers to help keep this nonprofit, community paper thriving. Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
• Volunteer coordinator
• Distribution coordinator
Social media/email coordinator
Writers for feature stories, columns, events
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
A Call for Photos
To all Sonoitans, Elginians, Patagonians and other readers of this paper:
Our new printing format allows better image quality, so we’d like to print a bit more local photography, as space permits. We welcome your photos that illustrate:
- The feeling of a special place, person or event
- The sensation of a powerful local moment
- Our unique environment
- A glimpse of history
- Some powerful scene from the sky
We’ll look at anything you send, with the following guidelines:
- Avoid cliches like cats, rainbows, road kill, and 94% of sunsets.
- Don’t just shoot THINGS, but look for the whole scene around it.
- Landscape pictures are often more effective with something going on in the foreground.
- Photos should stand alone, without explanatory text or stories needed, but if you have one with a compelling
story connected to it, talk to us about writing an article!
And the technical stuff:
- We want photos at 300 pixels per inch, so please don’t sent Iphone shots unless you know how to increase the
- Any shape or orientation is OK.
- Be sure to give us the name you want used to credit the photo.
- Email your submissions to email@example.com