- The Patagonia Regional Times will accept news, sports, and other information from groups and organizations throughout our circulation area.
- Press releases must cover something that is newsworthy. In general, a good press release is a concise, complete description of an upcoming news event; a timely report of an event that has just occurred; notification of important personnel or procedural changes in an organization; or other news or feature tips.
- Releases must always report actual events. Opinions should not be expressed within the release.
- News releases that, in the editor’s opinion, specifically promote a commercial enterprise or product may not be accepted.
- Press releases must be less than 400 words. If a photo is to be published with the information, the release must be less than 250 words. Photos must be sent as an attachment in JPG format, at least 200 DPI – no HTML photos will be published.
- News releases and other materials for the media always use third-person voice — that is, he, she and they. Reserve first person (I, we) and second person (direct address, you) for direct quotations.
- Press releases must always contain a contact name and phone number.
- All press releases are subject to editing for size and content by newspaper staff.
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that every press release sent to the PRT will be published.
Email your Press Release to: email@example.com