Be the star of our sales team!
The Patagonia Regional Times (PRT) is a free monthly publication serving the Mountain Empire communities of Canelo, Elgin, Patagonia and Sonoita in Santa Cruz County, Arizona. We are a nonprofit organization, funded by paid advertising, donations and grants. The paper is distributed to newsstands and local merchants in the area and is also available online. The PRT was first published in November 2009, and has grown from 12 pages to our current version of 24 pages.
PRT solicits paid advertisements from businesses and organizationsin Santa Cruz County and surrounding communities that serve our readers. Our advertisers are crucial to the success of the PRT; many advertise to support the PRT as much as to grow their business and the PRT is committed to overtly recognizing and appreciating them.
The PRT Advertising Manager will serve existing advertiser relationships as well as identify new prospects and secure their business. The PRT ad manager reports to the editor and works closely with both the editor and bookkeeper.
The position is part-time and compensation is a base rate of $233 per month plus 10% commission on advertising revenue. The ideal candidate would also be able to produce in-house design for advertisers, which would serve as an additional source of income. The ad manager will invoice monthly for payment.
- Maintain a database for past and current advertisers, communicate regularly with current advertisers to ensure their needs are being met, and provide friendly renewal reminders.
- Identify and contact potential new clients to offer advertising services; deliver sales presentations to new clients, provide rate sheet and standards for ad design, and suggest options and cost estimates.
- Inform clients of available options for ad design including advertising art, formats, and features and provide samples of previous work for other clients;
- Work with the bookkeeper on invoicing advertising clients for both design and placement of ads in the PRT; follow up on aged accounts receivable with advertisers identified by the bookkeeper.
- Annually review the PRT’s Ad rate sheet and design guidelines and propose changes if appropriate.
- Provide monthly written summary of advertising activity to the editor and the Board of Directors (for the dashboard report) and a biannual list of top advertisers for special acknowledgement.
Skills and experience desired:
- Capable and comfortable working independently
- Strong people skills
- Sales skills and experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Experience with Word, Excel, and Google Docs.
- InDesign and Photoshop experience a plus.
The PRT ad manager provides contract services to the paper. The contract may be severed by either party with 60 days notice.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.