The Patagonia Regional Times has a part-time position available for an administrative assistant/ad manager. Flexible hours. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Managing Editor and is paid at an hourly rate for 15 hours/per month, plus 20% commission for ad sales and 80% commission for in-house ad design, if applicable. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter with strong communications skills who is also well organized, computer savvy, and detail oriented.
- Support in managing and updating website blog, facebook, twitter, and bi-monthly online newsletters.
- Maintain a database for past and current advertisers, communicate regularly with current advertisers to ensure their needs are being met, and provide friendly renewal reminders.
- Identify and contact potential new clients to offer advertising services;
- Work with the bookkeeper on invoicing advertising clients.
- Manage and update the online calendar.
- Update cloud donor database and become proficient in using database to create reports and enter/update data as needed.
- Organize cloud storage.
- Attend monthly editorial meetings.
- Assist in the planning and covering of upcoming and long-range news events.
- Follow current events and developments and suggest original ideas.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and some sales experience
- Must demonstrate good attention to detail
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Must have strong Social Media experience.
- Must be able to work independently
Ideally, would have design experience and familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
Join the exciting and growing field of local non-profit journalism, and make a difference in the Eastern Santa Cruz community by helping the PRT maintain its role as the unique source for local news in our area. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply. For questions, call 520-604-7534.